Work after study
Post-study work visas
Start your career in the UK with the new Graduate Immigration Route – a 2-year post-study work visa for international students graduating from UK universities. If you begin your studies after autumn 2020, you’ll be able to work for up to two years after graduating with your valid Tier 4 visa.
Discover the Graduate Immigration Route
Guaranteed interview support*
We are committed to providing a professional learning experience and guarantee* to provide you with support in getting an inteview with an employer. Our employability advisers will support you in finding the right work experience for you in the competitive job market and provide support such as:
- checking CVs and cover letters
- help with application forms
- interview preparation
- regular workshops
- employer presentations.
*Please note: the guarantee of an interview with an employer is not a guarantee of being offered a job.
We encourage postgraduate students to get as much out of the work opportunities available during their studies in order to stand out among other applicants when it comes to applying for graduate jobs.
Access our network
We have built a network of contacts at many businesses, who offer diverse roles and are always looking for new postgraduates with transferable skills. Working with a variety of people in a range of roles will give you the opportunity to learn from senior professionals in your field.
Get ready for your career by gaining employability skills that will make you stand out when you apply for your next role.
How to find employment after graduation
There are lots of ways to find work in London:
- While you’re studying, you can ask your teachers for references and for recommendations for companies that would be suitable for your interests.
- Apply early, start looking for a role before you finish your studies, or if you are working part-time, ask about moving into a full-time role after you graduate.
- You can also utilise the network you have built to find out about new opportunities you can apply for.
- Recruitment agencies can specialise in specific industries or offer more general roles, ask them about your suitability for different jobs.
- Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster and Reed are some of the most popular job search engines in the UK, register with each to find out all the latest vacancies.